The Asian Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture (AFITA) was formed on January 24, 1998 in Wakayama City, Japan. AFITA is an autonomous, non-political, non-governmental, non-profit forum to promote the use of information technology to improve all aspects of the agriculture sector.
- Japanese Society of Agricultural Informatics.
- Korean Society for Agricultural Information.
- Chinese Society of Agricultural Information.
- Thai Agricultural Information Network.
- Indian Society of Agricultural Information Technology.
- Indonesian Society for Agricultural Information.